Sunday, December 23, 2012

he came home

One day I woke up and cooked and cleaned like all the other days and then the next day he called and said he is coming home.  It was hard to say words. What do you say?

“Okay!”

“Great!”

It feels unreal to have my husband home living amongst us, his family.

I’m so happy he is home.

He is ours.

109a

We waited at the airport through snow and ice. It seemed impossible he would  walk through that door.

But he did.

113a

He is getting acquainted with the baby, who is sporting new rolls of chub and some tiny teeth.

 131

When I walk into a room and see him sitting with the children and everyone is smiley, it makes me so emotional. Missing him has been hard work.

This Christmas has new meaning for me, about what is real and good.

I feel humbled and merry all at the same time.

 

8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so happy for you all! What a wonderful blessing to have him home for the holidays! Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family! God bless you! Your buddy, Diane

Barbara said...

I was wondering if your hubby would get home for Christmas ... so happy you have him back! Have a wonderful time together, and Merry Christmas! (p.s. cannot believe how big that baby is!)

UJ said...

Hi to you all, and Merry Christmas! Ours is complete knowing you're all together under one roof. Love ya, AJ&UJ

Leila said...

Oh! A Christmas miracle! I'm so happy for you. Merry Christmas!

Kathleen said...

What a wonderful Christmas you will have this year!

Emily said...

That is really great Kate! So happy for you and your family. A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

Dog Trot Farm said...

Oh, What a wonderful Christmas present!!! a united family under one roof, priceless...Blessing from Maine, Julie.

Unknown said...

That's wonderful! I'm all teary here, looking at him looking at the baby!