Though the smoke and haze around here won’t let us forget we are still under the threat of fire, life is going on.
1. We colored eggs. And I realized that when I sat at the table with the kids they were giddy and happy and when I would step into the kitchen even for a minute they would bicker. It was like an on/off switch. This still makes the happy list just because when they disagree it is usually so ridiculous and as much as I don’t like it, it’s a part of raising kids and already I can laugh about some of the things they argue over. YOUR EGG HAS BEEN IN THE BLUE FOR AN HOUR.
2. K and I recently celebrated our anniversary. We didn’t do anything “special” but we did stay home and I made roast chicken and potato salad and the Celtics were on TV and they won right at the last few seconds. Happiness? I think so.
3. I came across this web site and fell in love.
4. And happily I finished a major work of art.
Can you believe I sit and do paint by numbers when my house needs to be cleaned and boxed and its contents shipped 2500 miles east? Me either. I am embarrassed to admit this, but I did most of it in my bed.
I can’t stop doing them, it is so relaxing! It helps to use a wet paper towel to clean the brush instead of water. I wonder if Van Gough painted in his bed, too?
5. A while ago I read an idea using paint by numbers only I can’t remember where I read it..was it Cathe Holden? Anyway she color copied paintings she bought at a flea market onto big sheets of paper (collage style) and used it as wrapping paper. It was like totally awesome.
And that is all I’s got.