Saturday, October 17, 2015

pick-your-own














   Another field trip to appreciate where we live.  Every little town has an apple picking sign at the corner.  This year has been a banner year for apples, the trees are so heavy with fruit.  We picked our bushel very quickly, we are more programed for berry picking which takes a good part of the day. I almost couldn't stop picking...I kept telling myself just one more (like a dozen times).
  We rode the tractor around which might have been the highlight for some people.  But for me?  Those trees! Those beautiful, colorful, trees!  The views were breathtaking.
  This was in Walpole, New Hampshire, a sweet, small, picturesque town.  We had lunch in a little tavern while the leaves blew around outside the big window.  Now I have no more excuses not to make applesauce, the last on my canning list. Hopefully I can wrangle up some helpers as chopping up a bushel of apples is not nearly as fun as picking them.
 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Absolutely gorgeous! It reminds me of something about of Anne of Green Gables!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What spectacular vistas! And yummy apples to enjoy! Hope you are doing well my friend. Sweet hugs, Diane

UJ said...

Special times are the best times.....