Sunday, January 28, 2024


 A Weird True Story:

We flew to Seville, Spain for just a few days. We rented a car from a place that looked professional online but then when we got there we had to wait on a gritty street corner.  A girl picked us up and drove us to the middle of nowhere. She entered a small hut walked behind a desk and became an office person. She asked a few questions (I had already paid online) and then walked around the cluttered desk again and handed us keys to a black car that was parked right outside the hut. We drove out of the middle of nowhere by ourselves and headed a couple hours to the east. When we arrived at the hotel Sawyer said "this place smells just like Aunt Mary's house". He didn't realize we were at the ocean because it was so dark out and it was the sea air he was smelling. This made me happy for some reason. Anyhow we had some scheduled things to do and soon enough we repeated the process to return the car only backwards version with the same girl. That's not the weird part of this trip, keep reading if you can. When we got home someone I speak to only occasionally said she received a box of Seville oranges. And I literally just walked in the door from there and saw a hundred orange trees.  But when I said that it felt like not the truth because being back at home so fast it felt like a dream like I didn't really feel the warm sun on my face and see orange trees. Luckily I did buy a tiny little corked crock of Ibiza salt because we only had tiny baggage to fly with, so I had proof in my hand. And that's my story, I saw Seville oranges on the trees and then within two hours of being home someone that had no idea I was there randomly said how excited she was with her Seville oranges. That's the weird part, but weird in a good way I think.





0 comments: