Friday, September 5, 2008

yard sale find


Having been through another move I find myself not so thrilled about thrifting lately. We were over our household goods weight allowance (again) and this layers on a nice slab of guilt. As a family we love to collect books, so much so the movers always ask us if we own a library. But the books don't weigh me down (hah), it is the abundance of stuff I have. The stuff that I know will never make again. I like to be organized, I guess my mind thinks if it is all neat and sorted it doesn't mean it's too much.

I went to a yard sale today and found this lap desk. It was still in the box. That's a definite sale, right? $2 and still in the box. I didn't have to deal with any mystery grime . But it didn't give me my usual yard sale adrenaline rush. I will give myself another couple weeks to perk up and do some thrift store digging, if not send my sisters out to do an intervention.

1 comments:

whimsically said...

Oh yes, please seek yard sale intervention. I'm going through yard sale withdrawal. The last time we yard saled together was just delightful. You have a lovely blog. I'm proud of all you accomplish with your busy life.