Saturday, September 6, 2014

page turner

2c

I love the sweetness of old book covers, the charm of their stories.  How one can learn about history alongside of a story just by the language and descriptions. 

We have been lucky at the auction lately, no one wants books.  We buy tables full for just a few dollars.

24b

We keep what we want and sell the rest.  These are Landmark books, some are worth more than others.  I am waiting for that big score when I get one of the rare ones. 

3a

What about bird books? Can anyone pass up a nicely illustrated bird book?  I think that would be most difficult.  This book sits on my desk, mostly because that is where I set it down one day…now it is a permanent part of the décor. Sometimes  Sawyer looks at it and yells “EAGLE, OWL” or my favorite “BWUE BUHD”.

So yeah, I own a lot of books…but they kind of own me, too.

 

1 comments:

UJ said...

I rarely go through a day without a book in my hands.