Tuesday, September 23, 2014

whatnot

28a

2a

37a

31a

33a

012

5a

36b

September is my favorite month. Breezy, blue sky days that are polka dotted with fun stuff like fairy tale parades and lazy afternoons in the library (fyi kid book recommendation above). There is plenty of good weather to grill or… if it’s a cool day, a slowly simmered beef stew with toasted bread.

With the kids in school most days I find myself waiting at the front door to listen for the bus.  They are happy and busy and tired at the end of the day.  I fight myself not to tell them I miss them all day long!  Because I do, usually.  I mean, it is nice to run errands and zip around with just the little guy.  We’re home by nap time and the house is even tidied up before supper. But it feels empty and I feel fickle. 

Our woodpiles are just about stacked (thank you, husband).  We have been watching The Roosevelts documentary that has been airing on PBS.  Have you? 

Hope you are out there enjoying your September days!

3 comments:

UJ said...

And the nicest people have birthdays in September...don't we.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and stories about your children. They are so cute. Yes, we have been watching the Roosevelt 's, very interesting show. Your parade picture is very cute, the little ones must have loved it. Keep blogging, look forward to your posts. Dianne

Leslie said...

I can't believe how big the little guy is now!!! time is flying.

September is a great month!
Have a great weekend.