Friday, August 6, 2010

oilcloth lunch sack

010

There are a few good tutorials about this project.  The easiest to follow is here.  Also Martha Stewart has a how-to page.

014 016

In all it took about 20 minutes to make, if you don’t count the ten interruptions from little people and the phone.  I had an insulated reusable grocery bag with a tear in it. I made a pocket out of it and put a piece of thin cardboard in it to give the bottom some stability.

Need more inspiration? Hers is insulated and there are some variations here.

If you want a beautiful lunch tote already made look at my sister’s Etsy shop.  She makes pretty things!

9 comments:

Z.J.Ascensio said...

How cute! It's a unique way to prevent waste by not brown-bagging lunch! Thanks for sharing. :)

Emily said...

I LOVE it! Where did you get your oilcloth? Do you put an ice pack in it? I'm always full of questions :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a great idea! I love these and would have liked to have them when my kids were in school! Well...they still pack lunches for work...I better get busy! ♥

Leila said...

That is just the cutest. Love the button!

Unknown said...

that is so cute!

Paula said...

I think I can do this. It is sooooo cute!

LB's Sewing Sanity said...

That is ADORABLE! You are the REAL thing girl! You inspire all of us to do better! I was just telling Mom yesterday, I want to make a few new lunch totes for school. Thanks for sharing my shop. You are a sweetie! missin' you.

Leslie said...

That is super cute. I love it!
Great job.

Bobbie said...

Cute!