Thursday, February 9, 2012

three pictures-a-day in one day

Arghh to the last few days.

But I am here today and that’s what’s important, right?

These pictures are feeling rather silly, but I’ll try to keep on keepin on…

Tuesday: button

003

My great grandmother’s button jar.  It’s been part of my craft room decor for as long as I can remember.

Wednesday: sun

017 - Copy

When I think of the sun I almost always think of Texas.  And I came across this picture from last spring recently that makes me laugh.  Molly’s silly expression with the freckly nose, and her brother with the star sunglasses that at the time I really didn’t like.  Sometimes I miss the Texas sun but I suppose it’s one of those be-careful-what-you-wish-for-things, because we had plenty of it while we were there. PLENTY!

And today…Thursday: front door

010

This isn’t our front door.  Instead it’s another door on the house, I like the oldness of it.  I’m trying not to take our old house for granted, because, really, I like it a lot.  There’s some quirks I don’t like so much (the bathrooms! oi oi oi the bathrooms!) but for the most part I love the house and the dreaming of what to do that comes along with it.  I like all the doors and secrets it holds within, when I come home and open the door I feel a sense of peace.

See you tomorrow…I hope!

4 comments:

Andi said...

The house in the background of Molly's picture is a quintessential Texas house. And I love the button jar. How precious. Oh, and the door! What a great door! Such character! I don't think your picture assignment is silly at all! Keep it up! I'm having fun with it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is a sweet photo of the kids! And the sunshine is very welcome in the winter months...even here in Florida! ♥

Prairie Rose said...

Ha! I love the pic of Molly and her Brother! So cute!
And I love that Door:)

Unknown said...

Molly looks like she should be a storybook model or at best a doll herself!
I love the picture and once again, love to visit you.

I had a old button box passed down to me from grandmother to my aunt to my mom and to me. I still hold the buttons dear and never use them. About once a year I simply run my hands through them and sort a few and remember, women who mattered to me most.

Love and happy valentines day to you and your family.

Jacqueline
Once Upon a Fairyland