Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BFF (Blog Friends Forever)

079

Today I woke to the sun. I also woke to grumpy kids, one of which overslept and we all kind of didn’t even notice until he had only 5 minutes to get ready. Luckily it was a he, and not a she-- which would have been a household disaster that would involve loud rants and nobody-loves-me status. He just says “Huh? Huh?” a couple times, eats cereal in one bite and gets on the bus with a hair propeller on top of his head.

I told myself if it was still sunny out after the mornings chores I would celebrate Spring by sewing outside. Sewing and the sun are happiness to me…why not mix them together? Because it is weird? I suppose it is.

This is one of the aspects of moving so much that affects me. Yes I have friends but in the short spans of time we live in each place it is rare to find that great friend that you can say dumb stuff to.

Like…”Hey, want to come over and drink Dr Pepper and sew outside?”

In my husbands circle of job peeps I am always the youngest wife, always have the most kids and am by far the strangest in that I like chickens and digging through piles of junk at thrift stores.

This is why you bloggy people have helped me. You’re nice and I just know you not only would sew outside and belch Dr Pepper with me but just as much you would enjoy getting dressed up and going to the symphony. You make me feel less like an odd duck.

080

For today though I will sew with my kitty at my feet…

082

and my little cowboy yelling beside me.

036

It will be a good day.

10 comments:

Emily said...

That is the great thing about blogging. You can find a friend anywhere. I think I mentioned we'll have been married 15 years this coming July. During those 15 years we've moved 6 times. 4 of those times were in the first 6 years. So, I know what you mean about friends and moving. It really stinks to leave when you've found a friend.

Sharon Lovejoy said...

I'll burp Dr. Pepper (the elixir of life) with you whenever...

All joys,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Unknown said...

I am so jealous! I would love to sew outside with you--I'll bring my diet Coke! but I'm stuck inside school doing state mandated testing for two weeks straight....but I am going to the thrift store as soon as I get out of here!

Andi said...

How relaxing...Of course, I would be reading a book. But, I'm totally there with you on the DP. Especially with the Imperial Sugar! Oh, and we've moved too. And I always choose small towns. This town has been tough to connect in. Or maybe I'm getting older and it's hard to connect...But, I'm super glad for my blog.

Leila said...

I WISH I could sew out there with you!!
However, sweet tea for me.
I love that you took your ironing board outside!! Too funny. I have to wonder if I would ever do that...probably not, as it would instantaneously start raining.

I just love sewing with friends. If you ever come up this way, bring your crafting tote and sit out with me!

Shann said...

I totally get this post!! I have not one friend who likes to do the things I do. I would sit outside and sew with you any day! :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I would definitely sit outside and sew with you....if I drank the Dr. Pepper and put that much sugar into my system, I would be dancing on the lawn and doing cartwheels though! And I'm a little old for that! heehee! We would have fun though! And I can imagine what I would sew while we visited...it would be good for a laugh, I'm sure! Happy blogging...BFF!! ♥

Barbara said...

I really think that's just the thing about blogging - it's a sanity check. If you lived here, I'd pass on the Dr. Pepper but I'd definitely sew outside with you!

Anonymous said...

I"m a Pepper, you're a Pepper.....
sewing and Dr. Pepper outside IS a collossal idea, especially in the company of a kindred spirit. I love to thrift and find it necessary with my three blessings, and also hold tickets to the symphony. (I totally got what you meant about being the youngest wife, having the most kids et al. Me too.....) I am always dressed presentably and usually in pre-owned brand name clothing. There are those who tell me I look great, but would never thrift with me. Those who are skeptical, and finally, those who go WITH me to find all the great stuff.
Wish you were here and we'd have fun. As it is, blogland spans the gap and I'm ready! Raising my Pepper to you and toasting to your great ideas!
Do take extra good care,
Jen

Amanda Pedro said...

you're fuuunny. thanks for the laugh. and I'd sit and sew with you , but with a caffeine free pepsi...
thanks for that.