Wednesday, August 10, 2011

dun-nah… dun-nah… dun-nah (That’s from JAWS)

We had a great time at the beach yesterday.  It was a beach we had never been to and frankly though I have been beachy in Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine I never knew New Hampshire even had beaches. Even though Portsmouth is one of my favorite places in the whole world and yes I knew that it is PORTS- MOUTH and there are many boats in ocean water there, I just didn’t think about the beach option.  But it makes sense doesn’t it? Umm…. duh?

005

It’s been a while since I have been to a public beach and it amazes me that so many people parade around nearly naked.  I don’t like feeling naked.  What if one of my bits and pieces is hanging out and I don’t know it?  Am I the only one that worries about this?  My teenage daughter was trying to tell me in a nice way that I was the most untanned person there.  Umm…thanks?

018 

                               I guess they were into green yesterday.

I loved that they scoured the rocks and found sea creatures.  They swam in the thickly seaweedy waters which has a tangy small that makes me happy in a gross smell kind of way.  It’s not azure waters with powder white sands, if you are used to that you would see these beaches and think negative thoughts. 

041 046 048

There was even a freckled sea gull named Seamus.

030

At least I think that was his name.  He and his thug friends stole a bag of food from the people next to us.  Instead of scaring them off I opted to take pictures. 

038 

But then a lady behind me made her kids run them off and she looked at me funny and her kids kicked sand on my blanket so I looked at them funny.  Then we got in a fist fight and sharks came and everyone ran for the hills.*

*Some of these events were embellished for your reading pleasure.

7 comments:

Rosie said...

Ports-mouth! You're right! Wow. Sounds like a wonderful day at the beach, just like how I remember days at the beach in New England. Except with more sharks.

Jemm said...

I love that picture of your kids holding hands. The beach looks so fun. I don't even don a bathing suit anymore. Waaay too scary.

Unknown said...

Bits and pieces hanging out--made me laugh! And I enjoyed the embellishments!

Andi said...

I don't like water parks...Seriously, why do those women wear bikinis to a water park where giant blasts of water are destined to knock some bits and pieces out!?

Juniper said...

ha ha ha love he way your post ends! yeah beach looks, we had some of those yesterday evening as two boys repeatedly stepped intentionally right on my daughters just completed sandcastle. by the third time he made a B line for the castle I stood in the big boys path and said 'thank you' loudly, perhaps it was the English that took him or the confusing choice of words. Beach dramas!
By the way my normal suit is now too small and I am very aware of my 'bits sticking out'- that belly and growing bum!! Not a pretty sight!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my! I bet you can't wait to go back! heehee! Love your FUN and funny imagination! My hubby says I am so bad about exaggerating...no wonder we're friends! HUGS! ♥

Kathy in Vietnam said...

KD, you are so funny! Loved this post.