Monday, February 22, 2010

Nicey Jane Quilt



Last week was a really good week. Ken took a few days off...this is a big deal. He works harder than anyone I have ever met and to have him home was very nice. The last two months have been the most stressful in our lives, all revolving around his job. The last couple assignments have been hard as a family. The military asks a lot of my husband, he probably wouldn't like hearing me say that- perhaps I should just leave it at that.
Finishing this quilt has given me some strange quilting addiction. Not because I am any good at it--just the opposite actually. I want to do better. If there was quilting law enforcement I would surely be jailed. I broke a lot of rules. It looks as if I was SUI (sewing under the influence) as my seams are all wonky and uneven. All the same, I like it. I'm not scared to use it. I hope it will be loved as a Saturday afternoon napping quilt. Until it falls apart in the wash or someone barfs on it--whichever comes first.


I had to coax my cat off it to take a picture. He is so self righteous! He has put up with a lot the last 13 years (tail pulling, whisker trimming, etc) but to assume he can sleep/shed on my new quilt? It's a good thing I love him. If I told you how much we have spent on airfare for him with each move you would know we crazy love him--he has lived in four countries and four states.

I hope your Monday morning isn't as gray and dark as it is here. What's on your to do list today? What will you have for dinner?

5 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Cats know the best sleeping places when ethey see them! LOL1 Your quilt is great! NO one will mind if your quilt has seams that are a bit wonky. t=the saying in the quilters world is... If you can't see the imperfection at midnight, while galloping along on horseback going 50 miles per hour, then it doesn't matter. :-) Enjoy it... if you can ever get it away from the cat again.

Andi said...

I will have chik-fil-a since it is awards banquet night for upward basketball, and that is what they serve. But, I love CFA, so I say hooray! Also, I work a 10 hour day today, so not cooking is definitely a good thing. My cat prefers the middle of the walkway to sleep in. And we all gingerly step over him...

Leila said...

Your quilt looks so exciting! It's really pretty. The colors are the freshness of spring itself! I am wondering about the binding...is it there?

I think the quilts that are really used are the best ones. And I know what you mean...when I finish a quilt is when I most want to make a new one, just to try out the stuff I figured out!

Tonight we had pork pecadillos on polenta, salad, guacamole, roasted eggplant, and rolls. It was good. I'm full!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I am so proud of you for making something so special! I have never made a quilt so I in awe of anyone that has the patience to complete such a huge project! I love the beautiful fabrics and I know you will enjoy it...and your sweet cat! Well done! ♥

Jeannine said...

Good for you, and about the military.....yes they ask way too much of the family. I love the Nicey Jane fabrics, they are so vibrant and springy. I hope you get alot of joy out of your quilty. Be nice and share with the cat. LOL.