Wednesday, February 24, 2010

me being chatty in list form

1. Today was the most fair weather day we have had in a while. Lots of ducks came to our pond in the back. They are wild and will fly away at the smallest amount of fear. I think they are beautiful and wish they would tolerate me sitting down there watching them. See all that green bushy stuff in the tree? It's mistletoe...maybe you already knew that. We have a bunch of it, it's handy if you feel kissing outside. I didn't know mistletoe grew like that.

2. I sat and watched the ducks with Red who looks rather woolly with his winter coat. In a few weeks I will be able to brush that thick coat right off him. The ducks eventually flew away, they look so small in the sky.

4. The rest of the numbers don't have to do with ducks.

5. Do you want to meet my sister? She just started blogging. She is very nice. When I was young she would take me to fabric stores and let me buy a fat quarter. And once (I never told her or my other sister this) I took their two gunny sax shirts in the attic and cut off all the buttons b/c they were ivory and swirly. I still have those buttons.

6. I am sure my sister's blog will be inspiring to you as she is to me as a person. She sews a lot and has a great Etsy shop. Maybe you should visit her blog? Tell her I said hi.

7. One time she jumped off the top of a swing set and bees went up her nose.

8. I love her.

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Great photos and a fun post! I'll visit your sister! I know I'll love her blog, too!

Andi said...

I love Red! I love this post...

Now, I'm off to meet your sister...

Emily said...

Hey, how's it going?? I've been missing blogging lately. Glad to hear you've had some nice weather. We're still waiting for ours. It was 55 in Liberal, KS today in the southwest corner of the state and only about 30 here up in the northest of KS. SOoo ready for spring :)

LB's Sewing Sanity said...

You are such a sweety! I was just telling a few friends about your placemats. Isn't time hubby was transferred to Ohio? Oh what fun we would have together. Let's chat this afternoon - off to piano lessons. 1 hr school delay due to snow...but, piano is never canceled. hmmmmffff.

Lindsey in AL said...

What happened to #3?

I didn't know they had fat quarters when we were young. Well, I think I'm a few years younger than you (32), but I don't think I ever saw them when I was young. Where did you shop then? I know there were a lot more fabric stores- we used to go to several when we visited me grandma. Sigh. Now not even Walmart has fabric here.

I love your bushy looking little horse- so cute!