Wednesday, March 24, 2010

sunny things


Much of the stuff I sew for myself ends up in the thrift pile. The striped shirt passed inspection of the harshest critic --me-- and maybe I just might wear it. (Like if I happen to go sailing with the Captain and Tennille.)


I bought four cloth napkins the other day and want to make something out of them. They look so summery.


I was thinking of making some pillows for the patio furniture. Maybe?


I would like to dedicate this post to my brother, Carl. He made fun of me yesterday by saying he made seven apple potholders after reading my last post. He thinks he is funny. He is charming and witty (for an old guy with chicken legs).


Shirt Pattern: Butterick 5335


4 comments:

Juniper said...

Great shirt! And thanks we are feeling a bit better here.

The Dadman Diaries said...

To quote you: "The apple potholder is a great project to learn basic edge stitching...using felt and a little batting..." We made 7 potholders out of felt, and then the boys and I batted them around the yard. We love your crafts. But it must be noted that felt apple pot holders do not go very far and we were confused by the concept.
Haha? Futile attempt at humor.
I've never had a blog dedicated to me before. Do I thank you? Weren't you being sarcastic? I really enjoyed talking with you yesterday - you make me laugh in a really good, heartfelt way. Even though we can somehow get away with talking about the consistancy of poop, I'm glad you are my sister. If you weren't, people would hear us and think we are creepy. Big Love. Big Hug.

i cant decide said...

I can't sew for myself either. Your top does look cute though! I just can't seem to figure out how to find the right type of fabric for the right pattern, yk?

Emily said...

Love the shirt and the napkins. I've heard that the sailor look is actually in style right now ;)

I like hearing you and your brother banter. I can hear the love in your voices!