Monday, March 29, 2010

The weekend that was supposed to be

It was a busy weekend with lots of kids stuff. We were going here and there and driving places and squeezing in meals. I knew this in advance and was okay with no estate sale shopping and lounging about.

But then I took a wrong turn to the baseball field and someone who is six and spends her car rides reading signs read one that said yard sale this way. Not needing any more convincing than that we drove up with me promising the baseball player I'll be just a minute. True to my word I only stayed long enough to hand the two dollars over for the picnic basket and skip back to the car.

Sometimes wrong turns are so right.

On Friday I found some pretty linen towels. The woman thought I could use them as rags. Yeah Fo Sho. Doesn't she know I will clean and iron them and put them on their proper place on the shelf with all the other linens? The funny thing is the clutch went in my car on Friday and was worried about making it home but managed to stop and buy something and still make it home. Pretty talented, eh?

And then if all that wasn't happiness enough I came home on Saturday to find a box of lovely things from Jemm. Thank you, Jemm! I love everything...especially the flower! I'm wearing it right now--you are so kind!*please note I respectfully cropped out any iota of cleavage and the big red mole on my neck.

I hope you are having a happy, happy Monday. Because as I just told my youngest I can't be happy if you're not happy.

8 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh you found such lovely vintage linens!! Use them as rags indeed!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your beautiful flower! Jemm is SO talented and creative! I'm glad you won! Love the picnic basket...and the linens! OH MY! The ones in RED may disappear if you tell me where you live! LOL Have a good Monday! I posted something just now that your kids might enjoy seeing! The live cam of the eagle's nest is GREAT fun and you can get it to full view on your computer and it's even better! ♥

LB's Sewing Sanity said...

I want to go thrifting...I want to go thrifting...

What lovely finds...well worth the wrong turn.

Hope it was a good baseball game!

Leila said...

Linen envy...

Jemm said...

What a terrific picnic basket! I love little linens like that. Are they hankies or tea towels? I'm glad your package arrived intact. I'm glad you like it.

Andi said...

When we first moved to San Antonio I took LOTS of wrong turns. It got to where every time I turned around, my kids who were then 3 & 4 would say "Mommy did you get lost again?" I should have pretended to go garage saling!!

Unknown said...

Can you believe it! Wow...$2 and a picnic basket it yours. Yogi and Boo Boo would be thrilled and invite you to JellyStone Park for sure! Life has a funny way of bringing smiles, clutch or no clutch! Hope you'll join my in April for Gnomes Ahoy over on my blog...way too much fun!

Andi said...

I heard that plucking your grays makes them more wiry, and therefore more noticeable. I don't know this for a fact, but as I refuse to grow old gracefully, I do not pluck them for fear of more "noticeability."

thanks for the comment!