Friday, May 14, 2010

kids clothes challenge/ Friday

035 Does this look a little circus-y? With the polka dotted neck and all? I don’t usually pick big bright prints. But I done did this time and now that I done did made it she is gonna wear it no matter what. Fuddy duddy duh.

If you care-- the skirt part of the dress is similar of that to a pillowcase dress and the bodice is from a McCall’s pattern that is sitting 20 feet away but I’m too lazy to go look at the number. Okay? You writing all that down?

I still have a couple things ready to make…hopefully this weekend I can find some time. Then Elsie Marley’s kids clothes sewing challenge will be over. The flickr pool has really been inspiring me. I hope people keep posting pics as they make things.

I’m kind of tired for a Friday. I think it’s because I don’t feel like making dinner. How did those women do it the 50’s? All those casseroles and gelatin molds…too much pressure!

Kid #3:

009

He eats a lot and asks me what is for dinner all the time.

I recently cleaned his room and found a bottle of ranch dressing under his bed. He needed it for a band fundraiser dinner (4 months ago).

It had already been opened.

I was mad.

But I’m not anymore.

5 comments:

The Dadman Diaries said...

Uflation: U-fla'shon> verb; The act of a teenager opening the refrigerator door every twenty minutes to see what might be new since the last time he looked

Unknown said...

Aren't you glad the dressing bottle was closed? I think that dress is a-dor-a-ble. Makes me a bit sad I don't have little kids to sew for anymore. But not sad enough to bring any home to live with me! ;)

Emily said...

I love the dress. Not one bit circusish.

#3 is a cutie too!! I think the eating all the time is partly a boy thing and, how old is he? My daughter is 11 1/2 and she's always hungry too. She's been growing a lot taller lately as well.

Leila said...

I think the dress is fabulous! You should show it on her. I love the colors...love!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the bright colors and cute summer design! It's beautiful! I raised 4 sons...wouldn't we have fun swapping stories. My boys are just now telling me some of the things they did....way back when! lol Enjoy your weekend! I hope you stop by to read my book review. Looks like one you would like! ♥