Sunday, May 16, 2010

sewing challenge/ Sunday

028To be a boy in this house means you wear cowboy pajamas and overalls.

025009 - Copy (2)

Sam 1999 Henry 2010

030 Simplicity 3987 view B-this is my favorite pj pattern

The sewing challenge has taught me many things. It’s helped me to be more organized and make better use of my time. It has given me a sense of renewal. I remember reading an Eric Sloan book a long time ago in which he said how our society is missing a sense of pride. Pride in making things with our own hands. Doesn’t it seem that this hand made renewal has been contagious? People are learning to do things their grandparents did…not because they have to but because they want to. This makes me so happy.

The sewing challenge had a party like feel to it. Thanks Meg for letting me be a part of it.

7 comments:

i cant decide said...

Cute jammies. I love overalls on my little boys too. It's always kinda sad when they get too old to wear them.

Juniper said...

I have been away from my computer for most if this last week, and oh what I have missed!!! Well done, am very impressed with your sewing projects!! Especially love that little dark blue overall summer shorts ditty with the truck on the front...very very nice!!
My- how your sons resemble each other!!

Emily said...

Sam and Henry. I LOVE those names. They are SO adorable too.

The fabric for the jammies is so classic and the red buttons are great on them too.

You're right, there is a difference when sewing (or doing anything really) because you want to and not just because you have to. We are a lucky generation in that regard.

Unknown said...

Good evening dearest,
I agree, we all need the sense of pride that comes from hand creating. I think back to all I did as a child. Folding and ironing the pillow slips, stitching them, canning with my mom and her sisters...the list is long but when we went to sleep at night, pride rested our weary heads.
Night night to you. Thanks for this beautiful inspiring post...going for a cup of tea and hand writing to a pen pal tonight. No computer allowed!

Leila said...

Great cowboy fabric! I'm a sucker for all things cow. I wanted to be a cowgirl so badly when I was little...

Your sewing is marvelous! And yes, creating something satisfies a basic human need.

Anonymous said...

2, Prelone, strattera discharge, zimulti.com,, levitra 10 mg, celebrex.com,

Anonymous said...

2, does propecia work, d nolvadex, pravachol actos allopurinol, amoxil,