Wednesday, May 26, 2010

last day of school cake

035 I’m glad summer vacation is here. The kids have two half days left of end of school parties and fun, it has been a good year. I like to celebrate this with a cake each year.

033

This is a cherry chip box mix cake. Have I blogged about this before? Betty Crocker releases them every few years, they are my favorite. It has a kind of almond extract flavor to it. Almond extract reminds me of my mother does it do that to you, too? How do you know my mother?

046

Hadley knows my mother, she has her skinny chicken legs.

I took this picture a few minutes ago on the screen porch….Hadley, you are so pretty! I’m happy you are home for last day of school cake!

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Enjoy that luscious cake! And Happy Summer to the kids! Your daughter is beautiful...just like you! ♥

Leslie said...

The cake looks to pretty to eat! Hadley is beautiful. Wishing you all a safe happy summer.

blog for steveLi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lindsey in AL said...

I'm not sure I've ever had a cherry chip cake but it sounds lovely! I adore almond extract although I have never met your mother. I put almond into all sorts of things- waffles are my favorite!
Hadley is absolutely beautiful!! Thanks for sharing her face rather than her chicken legs ;)

LB's Sewing Sanity said...

Wish we could stop by! Cake looks GREAT! H is so grown up - sweetest eyes!

I thought of you as I drove by a yard sale sign this morning...almost considered having the kids miss piano practice so I could stop. LOL.

Emily said...

Wow! Can I come over for cake?! This is probably Cake 101, but how did you do the 3 layers? 3 8" pans instead of 2 9"? It makes it look extra tall. I like extra tall cakes. Almond extract also reminds me of MY mother. She would over use it so it was overpowering. I still love it though. We're on day 2 of no school. "I AM NOT GOING TO THE GROCERY STORE WITH YOU!!!!!!" My 9 year old is very.....opinionated.