Wednesday, May 19, 2010

magnificent, cluttery, home

028

Someday there will be no cars on my windowsills.

033

Or jump ropes on the entry counter.

032

Grown up shoes will be lined up neatly in the closet.

040

The art on the walls won’t be held up by tape.

035

Baseballs won’t find their way under the lawn mower.

046

The older girls have already taken those tender first steps away from home. But it is still home..where mountains of laundry gets done on a Saturday afternoon.

030

Having the oldest finish her first year of college has really affected me (can you tell?!). Everyone told me “it goes by so fast” . They were right.

For today I welcome the clutter, the fingerprints, the messy house that holds it all in and makes us a family.

9 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have a wonderful home...I'm sure everyone feels welcome there! Love your new banner! ♥

Leslie said...

Well said. I am soo with you.

Lila Rostenberg said...

You are right to treasure all this. It goes by so quickly!
I haveenjoyed seeing your sewing projects, too!

Beck said...

Oh I loved this post! I've missed you Mrs Hen, why have I not visited you for so long? I really understand how you feel and like you I treasure the bustling, crazy, fun & chaotic time with my children. I know it goes so quickly & I want to savour every moment. Having said that it has been a trying week so I'm a little frazzled but it's all worth it. Hope to see you again soon, take care xo

Emily said...

I wish I could embrace my clutter like you do. However, we live right next to my Mother-in-Law.....too. much. pressure!!

Andi said...

Great post! Love, love, love it!

Unknown said...

I've come around that mountain. First my son left, then another son left home and my daughter leaving home just about did me in...They now live in Seattle and it's just me and the hubby and three dogs and a house full of gnomes. We have finally learned to be Happy Campers!

Prairiemaid said...

Awesome post. And yes, it does go by too fast.

Nicole @Team Pipkin said...

Oh you are so right! My oldest will graduate HS next week. The middle child will enter 10th grade in the fall & my baby will be in kinder. Time so flies when you have children. I never really believed that until my first born will be starting the next chapter of his life...adulthood.