Thursday, May 6, 2010

the sun and soil

025 Time has been well spent outside planting and digging. Though I enjoy growing a garden very much it is at the point when my back is sore and the weeds just keep growing. I won’t give up…I won’t let those weeds win.

No two gardens are the same. No two days are the same in one garden. ~Hugh Johnson

029

I like to wake up early and walk through the dewy grass to look at the garden. It looks prettiest like that, I think. Like it is sleepy from all that hard work in the sun. I feel grateful for the garden. Even though it amounts to a large amount of work, it feels too easy. You know?

017

Red likes the dewy mornings, too.

Happy Spring days to you and yours…

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Looks like paradise. Seeing the size of those vegetables makes me see the wisdom of living a little farther to the south.

Various and Sunday said...

Red is so cute! I just want to feed him an apple! loved your post...I felt like i was there with you. :o)

Various and Sunday said...

And, how could I forget? Have a wonderful Mother's Day. ♥, Robin

LB's Sewing Sanity said...

Have you ever 'not' had a garden? I can think of so many successful gardens you've had. While weeding today we found lots of poison ivy...made met think of poor mags in Eastford! Oh that poor girl!

Weeded the flower beds and planted 2 flats of violet impatiens around the shade trees/hosta's this afternoon. A day made in heaven. Will need to sew into the wee hours for tomorrow's orders.

Hope U Kenny enjoyed his b-day.

i cant decide said...

Wow, nice cabbage. I planted mine too late, again. Hey, I want more photos of your garden. Please!

I'm not going to let my daughters see your pony. They are horsie girls. We have named all of the horses that live around us.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a dreamy photo! It's nice to live where you can have a nice garden and animals! Enjoy your evening! ♥

Unknown said...

Your garden looks so beautiful! Ours is growing but the rows don't look like that at all! and the morning picture is so beautiful and ethereal!

Emily said...

Gorgeous cabbage! Ours is about a quarter that size, but I think you're ahead of us a bit in the growing season.

Your garden labels are cool too. Have a happy Mother's Day!!