Monday, September 28, 2009

bat garland


A simple and fun afternoon craft, especially if you have young children who hyperventilate at the thought of getting to use glitter glue.


We used very basic supplies:


10 or so bats cut from cardstock (template below)

black cord from the jewelry aisle

black and clear beads

silver glitter glue (cue the symphony)

we used a tiny hole punch to make a hole on each bat wing to string them with










If you are going to give in and allow glittery bats to hang in the house then you might as well tape fake leaves to the window panes. And crowd the (chestnut) brown mantle with kitschy Halloween decorations.




There is a cute black cat silhouette project here.


And lots of Halloween printables here.

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How scary is that? Thanks for the pattern and the link! I don't do much for Halloween and I've been looking for something easy to make! I wanted a black cat....maybe I'll find one on the link! Thanks! Happy Monday!

Barbara said...

The great thing about Halloween is that you can go a little over the top and it still looks good. (Well, at least I think it looks good.) Love those candles. I hope I thanked you for the tip on the warm iron and Contact - genius!

Emily said...

I love it! I really want to make the bat garland and I love your mantel decorations. So old-fashioned looking.

The Dadman Diaries said...

It is still September outside. SEPTEMBER.

Ain-Ul-Haq Abbasi said...

great...............!

Juniper said...

Great Bats and yes we have very excited about glitter folks in our house-oh will they love it! Perfect Sunday after noon project, thank you! It's still mid 90's here , flip flops and shorts but as soon as the days cool a wee bit I intend to start on all things fall in full force.

p.s. Love the shoe story, ha ha . Yes- you are not alone.