Saturday, September 5, 2009

me

1. Today I turn 37.
2. It doesn’t feel different
3. though I found a few gray hairs recently.
4. This past year I have discovered many new things about myself.
5. This is a good thing.
6. I feel more empowered than I ever have
7. Though I am very shy. Still.
8. It’s okay to be shy--
9. I just learned this.
10. I like sports, I am not shy about playing.
11. I like to play hard (and win).
12. My husband is deployed and I miss him every minute of the day.
13. Really I do.
14. I like learning about the past.
15. We had our first child when I was 20.
16. The oldest child is in college and the youngest age two.
17. If we eat out the waitress will ask, “will this be one check?”
18. and I want to say yeah duh, these are my kids.
19. But I don’t.
20. I am freckly
21. and have braces
22. I tivo Jimmy Fallon everyday
23. Blue birds are pretty
24. so are morning glories
25. I have never had a cup of coffee
26. or a beer
27. but I like tea
28. I like to laugh
29. My sister can make me laugh until I feel like I will pass out.
30. Once many years ago we were shopping and the clerk sneezed/farted
31. It still makes us laugh.
32. I wish I lived on a sprawling farm near the sea with horses and sheep.
33. With a large old drafty house
34. and a barn that smells musty when it rains
35. I worry too much.
36. I count the days until K comes home
37. and we are all together again.

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday! I have felt like we are kindred spirits ever since I found your blog! I love learning more about you and I have a post started with a blue morning glory as the first photo! We always seem to think alike. I am proud to know you and have so much respect for your husband. You have a wonderful family and much to be thankful for..and I am blessed to know you! ENJOY your special day! I'm sending you birthday HUGS!!! HAVE FUN! Eat CAKE!!!

Ashley said...

I love your post. Happy Birthday. I also love bluebirds and morning glories, have never had a cup of coffee or a drink of beer. And I am envious of the freckles!!! I wish I were more freckly, a few on my nose do come out in the summer time! Have a wonderful day!

Dawn Gahan said...

Happy birthday to you! And to the 37 (plus a couple hundred more) wonderful things to celebrate about you! Enjoy your day to the fullest.

Dawn

Leila said...

Happy belated birthday!

Keep laughing and dreaming! God bless!

Briana said...

Happy Birthday! I hope the remaining days pass quickly 'till your hubby is home.

beck said...

wow, I loved reading this post! 37 things about you were amazing to read. I really enjoy your blog, I hope you have a really wonderful and happy birthday!! xoxo