Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Four Random Things and a thank you!

Thank you very much for the lovely birthday wishes you gave me. You made my day special!





1. I made this apron for Molly using the last bit of farm animal fabric that I dearly love. I am learning to do this more and more instead of stashing it and never using it.







2. A well travelled older style mayonnaise jar that I bought at a yard sale as I was driving cross country this summer. We stayed at an out of the way place in Pennsylvania and wouldn't you know there was a town wide yard sale that Saturday morning? Which is just what our car filled to the brim with children and stuff needed. I haven't decided what to do with it. Any ideas?





3. I like to stick figurines in my plants. Do you? This plant needs cooler weather, it's called baby tears.




4. Recently Sam, Molly and I started this book. After a few chapters over a few days I took the book to bed and finished it without them. Because I am nice and it was good and Davy Crockett was trapped fighting at the Alamo. I won't tell you how it ended. What? Like you are going to read it? He died at the Alamo. Did you already know this? How come I didn't? There I was in the middle of the night reading this old mildewy book and shedding tears over Davy Crockett. I just thought he was that guy who liked the frontier and wore a coonskin cap.

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a sweet little apron! I love that fabric and it is precious made into an apron. I would probably just put the jar on a shelf...I put a few empty jars on top of my cabinet! lol The little fairy is sweet...and the book sounds like one I would read, too. We watched a series called, Texas so I knew the end of the Davy Crockett story. I couldn't ever watch that movie again and we just recently gave it away to the library. Have a good evening! Thanks for sharing!

Leila said...

Good job on the apron -- that fabric is the cutest. Never let her wear it -- keep it hanging near the craft table like you are ABOUT to let her wear it. That's what I do with my cute aprons :)

...you are too funny about Davy Crockett, but this is what I love about being a mom. You read stuff you wouldn't ordinarily and then you learn stuff. And then you cry.

You could keep buttons in your jar...

xoxo!

The Dadman Diaries said...

I would take that jar, and cut up little pieces of paper. I'd ask the kids to write down a "Fun Thing to Do on a Rainy Day" on each piece of paper. Include your own ideas of course, and throw in a few silly ones too. Maybe include a few silly requests, like Sam has to shovel the horse poop wearing nothing but a sweet little apron, Spiderman underoos and his rubber boots. And every rainy day when the house feels closed in and the kids are going bananas - pull the jar down off the shelf Lavender Dreamer suggests, and let the afternoon become a life of its own!

packaging supplier said...

Great Fabric I Like the designs its so beautiful and will look so pretty on baby girl.

Anonymous said...

You continue to crack me up! Thanks so much for the overview, the humor and the peaceful sense of "home". Miss you guys :-)

Emily said...

Oh, that is too funny about your Davy Crockett book. You are so cute. I love your apron too.